Sedation Dentistry in Carmel Mountain Ranch
At Carmel Mountain Ranch Dental Care, we understand that coming to the dentist can be a stressful experience. Whether you have dental anxiety and do not like regular teeth cleanings, or you’re undergoing a complex dental procedure like a dental implant, going to the dentist can be scary.
That’s why Dr. Collado and Dr. Carpenter take great care to cater to all their patients’ needs and offer sedation dentistry services for those that struggle to stay calm. With sedation dentistry, you can be more relaxed and comfortable when undergoing a dental procedure at Carmel Mountain Ranch Dental Care.
Am I Eligible For Sedation Dentistry?
Just about anyone can be sedated during most dental procedures. As long as you are healthy and do not have any contraindications for sedation, we can assist your treatment with sedatives at Carmel Mountain Ranch Dental Care.
Not sure if you need sedation? Here are some common reasons patients choose to be sedated.
- Strong gag reflex – If you have a strong gag reflex, sedation can help minimize this problem, and make you more comfortable.
- Dental anxiety and nervousness – Because your level of consciousness is reduced, sedation dentistry can eliminate nervousness, and help patients with dental anxiety.
- Difficulty sitting still for long periods of time – If you or your child have trouble sitting still for more than an hour, sedation dentistry can be used to make you more comfortable.
- Low pain threshold or tolerance – If you have a very low pain tolerance or sensitive teeth, sedation dentistry can work with an anesthetic to ensure that you feel no pain during your procedure.
If you are interested in being sedated during your next dental procedure, contact Dr. Collado or Dr. Carpenter at Carmel Mountain Ranch Dental Care for a consultation.
What Kinds Of Sedation Are Available?
While we primarily use oral conscious sedation to help our patients feel more comfortable during treatment, we also provide nitrous oxide, which allows our patients to remain more aware of their surroundings.
- Nitrous Oxide (Laughing Gas) – This is the most common form of sedation. Patients inhale the nitrous oxide, which helps put them in a more relaxed mental state, inducing feelings of euphoria. The effects are easily reversed, so patients can drive home once it has worn off.
- Oral Conscious Sedation – Oral conscious sedation is administered through a pill that you take about 45 minutes before your procedure, usually Valium or Halcion. These drugs reduce your state of consciousness, but allow you to stay awake. You should not drive for several hours after your procedure if you choose oral conscious sedation.
Come To Carmel Mountain Ranch Dental Care Today For Sedation Dentistry!
Dr. Collado and Dr. Carpenter have been serving San Diego with professional dentistry services for over two decades. With our caring, patient-focused approach and decades of experience providing sedation dentistry, Carmel Mountain Ranch Dental Care is one of the best dental offices to calm your nerves.
Don’t let anxiety and fear stop you from getting the oral care that you need. Contact Carmel Mountain Ranch Dental Care now at (858) 487-6453, or come to our office at 12075 Carmel Mountain Rd, Suite 210, San Diego, CA 92128.
Read Our Testimonials
"I have been with Carmel Ranch Dental Care for almost 20 years! Dr. Collado and his staff are just simply amazing. Dr. Collado is so caring. They have taken such good care of me and my family over the years!"
"I've been going to this dental office for many years. The dentists and dental assistants have consistently provided professional, concerned care."
"I feel so comfortable coming to this office. Both Dr. Collado and Dr. Carpenter are superior and honest at their professions, not to mention that everyone here is very gentle with your mouth. Thanks Carmel Mountain Ranch Dental Care for all you do!"
"Excellent customer service and dental care. Was impressed that I was able to be seen the same day! The dentist was very gentle, calming and skilled. I definitely felt I was in good hands. Would highly recommend this office."
"I have had only the best experiences with my dental care here. The most caring Doctors and staff. I absolutely recommend them to everyone."
"Always a 5-Star experience at Carmel Mountain Ranch Dental Care! Our family has been going there for 23 years. Just fabulous."
"Dr. Collado, Dr. Carpenter, and the entire Carmel Mountain Ranch Dental Care staff are professional, kind, competent and a pleasure to visit. I plan to remain a lifetime client!"
"My husband and I have used Carmel Mountain Ranch Dental Care for a number of years, and have had several procedures done there, and we couldn't be more pleased with the quality of care we receive, absolutely the best!"
"I have recommended Doctor Collado and his wonderful team for 18 years!"
"I see Dr. Matthew Carpenter and he's super professional and so patient. Their hygienists and assistants pay attention to even the smallest things about you. I'm impressed I think you will be too."
"Everyone at Carmel Mountain Ranch Dental Care is amazing! Troy is the best and makes you feel like you're family! So glad I found you guys."
"If you need a dentist this is the BEST place you can go. They carefully weigh out your options and as a senior that is important. I felt like they suggested the procedures that were for my benefit, not their bottom line."
"Over the years I have has some good dentists, and some not so good, but only one GREAT dentist! That is what Dr. Collado has brought to me at a price I can afford. Thanks so much!"
"Rocio is a great hygienist, my teeth feel awesome! Your receptionist Gina is so welcoming and friendly, I enjoyed talking to her."
"Carmel Mountain Ranch Dental Care gives superior service, everyone is friendly, and the technology is cutting edge. They do a super job!"
"We love CMRDC and are so relieved that after a lengthy search, we've found a group of tooth care specialists who are both expert, and just plain good people!"
"The staff and Dr. Collado are an amazing bunch! I constantly get complements on my smile! It's due to Carmel Mtn Ranch Dental Care!"